Thank you so much for all the notes and news. Christmas is technically tomorrow, but I feel like I just got to celebrate it as I read from so many of you. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family. My first companion from the MTC (Hna Hickey) is now at home. That´s weird. It´s been hard sometimes thinking about the fact that I could actually be there with all of you, but then I just have to remember that it really is true what we teach to everyone, so I don´t have to worry. I´ll have so many Christmases to celebrate with you all, as well as all eternity. I love the Gospel! It´s so true. One thing that has honestly made me feel trunky these days is the cute little kids. There was a little boy that was probably about 2 ½ sitting in front of us with his family on the trole the other night. He happily passed the time singing Christmas songs, with or without his mom, and even occasionally correcting her. I was impressed by his strong little voice and started thinking about my sobrinos and missing them. Of course, things like that have happened a lot more recently, as I know you have not all remained on the Have-No-Fun hooks to which you were assigned, and that you´re all there together.
Maybe we can do the call around 8:30 or 9am tomorrow. I´m hoping everyone will still be there at that time. We still have district meetings, but they´re not until a little bit later. The number is 02 229 3412 (plus whatever Ecuador codes you need to dial before…I don´t know).
Choir is finally over and we are looking forward to being able to dedicate ourselves to our sector otra vez. (By the way, you should all learn spanglish at least, because otherwise you´ll probably not be able to understand me ever again…we always catch ourselves saying things incorrectly in English because we´ve started translating phrases from Spanish as we speak in English. For example, it´s really difficult to not say that I HAVE 22 years. Haha oh well) We´re still working with Irlanda and her kids. Things definitely got a little more complicated with the celebrations and the visit from the dad. However, thanks to the Lord´s amazing power to change people´s hearts, he gave the girls permission to get baptized, but just let them know they wouldn´t be allowed to go through the first communion. Gabi told us about that and we clarified that she certainly would be ALLOWED to do it, but that there´d be no real point, as it would not be done by someone with the actual authority from God. She then responded that she just wouldn´t do it, then, and reaffirmed that she did want to get baptized. We also had an interesting conversation about the Holy Ghost and the possession by Satan. I know, it seems really random, but they had real questions about that. Gabi looked seriously concerned when she knew that Satan could take control of her if she did bad things that gave him that control. They were both very happy and relieved, however, to learn that if they did good things, like keep the commandments, they would not only be able to prevent Satan from taking control, but have the Spirit to be with them. They´re so pilas…smart.
Woah, it´s already really late. I love you all and am so grateful for you. Thank you for everything.
Sonnet, I haven´t received the card, or the last blog thing you wrote to me…these days it´s taking about a month for things to arrive. So…you´d all better get writing quick…and respond to the amazing cards I´ve heard rumors about from Elder Henrichsen, too.
I love you. Merry Christmas. Jesus Christ lives today!
Con Amor,
Hna Henrichsen
Ecuabit: Poinsettas just grow here, usually as huge bushes or small trees. They´ve been an all-year reminder of Christmas for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment