Saturday, October 07, 2006

10/3/2006

Dearest Family,

  Thanks so much for your email!  I planned to email you yesterday, but the webpage wouldn´t function for myldsmail.net, such that I couldn´t even sign in.  Also, if there´s weird symbols in my letters, it´s because these keyboards sure have some different capabilities.  I had to ask a worker how to form the´át´ symbol, even though on the keyboard it still looks the same. 
  I was actually blessed to be able to watch conference live via satellite.  We missed more than half of the first session because a there was an accident in Santo Domingo and a truck hit the power pole.  So there wasn´t power in much of the city for a good part of the morning.  Then we had to wait until the satellite signal could be found.  We tuned in just before Elder Robert C. Oaks spoke.  That was fun for me to hear from and see him right off.  We even had a room where we listened in English, we being myself and the other...around 10 north american missionaries.  <it was such an amazing conference.  I really think they were so much longer when I was younger.  <now they just barely start and then they´re already over. 
Even though there wasn´t a talk <i heard that specifically was about the obra misional, so much touched my heart and stood out as an answer to questions and situations of our investigators and the actual, pressing problems in this wolrd.  President Hinckley and all the general authorities truly are called of God and receive inspiration for us.  Through the Spirit, I also realized some very specific missionary goals for me right now. 
We were also so happy that several of our invesigators came, at least to one session.  We invited...well, I think all the credit is really only to my amazing, bold companions, but we invited EVERYONE.  We´re working a lot with several families.  With the Jurado family, we had this amazing lesson and knew...golden!  We have a baptismal date set for the 21st and are working toward that with as many people as possible. 
<my companions are amazing, bold, faithful sisters.  Hna Sierra is around 60 and is full of energy.  She will have served for 2 years in December.  Hna Ramos just arrived a month or so ago.  She´s from Guayaquil and is about 30.  <oh yeah, <michael, <hna S. is from <puerto rico and lived there during the years that you served...is the name familiar?
Anyway, we should probably go, because we need to contact and teach a lot of people today.  I love you so much.  I am well, even though I never get to speak English and feel inadequate with Spanish.  However, <i know that the promises of the Lord are to all.  With Him, all things are possible which are expedient in Him, and He really does provide a way for us to accomplish all the things that He has commanded us to do today, even as in ages past.

<:)l  :)  <hey! <i figured out how to make smiles.  <keep smiling and sharing the truth.

<<<<hna Sue

1 comment:

Dan said...

:) Always glad to hear the latest from Daisy. She is an amazing Daughter of God.