Hola familia,
This is a day late because there wasn't power in our province yesterday. In Ecuador, the provinces are pretty much like states in the US. I didn't hear why, but it was actually a scheduled thing that there wouldn't be power from 8am to 4pm. We found this out at 7:30, in time to rush and find that internet places aren't open that early. Then, the power returned at 5:20, not too bad for the schedule, but also too late when we're going proselyting at 6. Anyway, thanks for writing. I'm still alive.
Mom and Dad (and Diana?..I think some of the bag design is definitely yours), thanks so much for the 12 days!! I opened up the days that have passed and am leaving some so I have some continual Christmas surprises. The food is still yummy, even if not in the fresh from home state as when it was sent almost a month ago. I'm in South America, pues! Hna Weiss also recieved a package from her family, so we sang a little happy christmas song to ourselves and started unwrapping! I now know that the packages will come straight to me if under 2kg. We're so going to incorporate some peanuts in the next batch of muddy buddies.
I get to stay for another change (at least) in Tena. :) Hna Weiss is also staying, so were happy we get another change together. Its going to be great!!!
Weve been visiting Jorge and Monica more. Though at the second appointment Jorge began by saying he wanted to return the Book of Mormon, they are continuing to study it. It helps that they like us a lot (or, as it translates from Spanish, to them we fall well-les caemos bien). I am so impressed by their desires to really learn, that they have studied the Bible for themselves and come to recognize falsehood of other churches. We invited them, as we invite everyone, to the branch activities, church, etc. The awesome part is that they showed up on Saturday morning for English and then as I was playing the opening song in sacrament meeting on Sunday, I looked up and to my amazement, there they were in the congregation!! (remember, Im with the primary for the first two hours alone and then get right in and start playing a little prelude. Mom, I understand much more how you would never have time to socialize with people. I havent really felt like throwing golf balls at people yet, because I usually am fine if theyre not listening to my mistakes Im making on the keyboard. Haha) Anyway, theyre way great and .well see if theyre really ready to make the changes and accept the gospel.
To finish up, I need to tell you about the most amazing part of the week. It happened on Sunday, after a relatively wonderful day in primary. (there were only about 10 kids, and it just went well.) We talked about prophets. Its so wonderful that we have a living prophet on the earth today!! Do you ever just sit in awe at the amazing love of God for us that we have such a guide hoy dia!? Wow. (oops, tangential string) Jenny and Gisela, two sisters, were baptized and confirmed! At the beginning of the change, they were apathetic, listening just because. They had a baptismal date set, but werent really motivated or grasping what it all meant. They didnt have that fire in their eyes. One night, we went with the elders and taught. One of the elders re-challenged them with the same date (not realizing), and they accepted again. The next lesson, Hna Weiss and I went and read from the Book of Mormon with them. We read where Nephi goes and gets the plates from Laban. Sometime around then, there was a change in these sisters. Maybe it was that they realized the Book of Mormon really is interesting and something that applies to our lives. Maybe something about the third lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ really struck their hearts. Im not sure when, but the how, there is no question. The Spirit of God changes and refines us. They developed that light in their eyes. They really talked about wanting to go forward and live the commandments of God. They read more in the scriptures and continued to pray. Even better, this Sunday, they entered the waters of baptism and were received into the Church of Jesus Christ and given the gift of the Holy Ghost to guide them in enduring to the end. The Spirit was strong as they were baptized, and they talked to us afterwards about how light and wonderful they felt. In their confirmation blessings their future growth and service to others, in their families and in the church was mentioned. Theyre so great. And they understand that they have just entered the path and need to endure to the end.
The gospel is true!! Its been restored in its fullness to never be removed from the Earth again. We really are gathering in the fruit in the vineyard, working side-by-side with the Master for the last time before His marvelous coming once again. Es la verdad!
Ecuabit: Theres a lot of volcanoes here. Haha I forgot to tell you about a month ago, but this one we pass by to go to zone conference is always smoking or showing some activity. I would tell you the name, but its something crazy I dont remember exactly right now. The point is, Ive totally seen a volcano erupting. Yeah, its pretty sweet here.
Also, I hope anyone who understands Spanish enjoyed the fact that I typed entranas misericordias last week for entranables misericordias; I didnt feel like looking it up at the time to make sure it was right. As it turns out, I talked about the merciful guts/bowels of the Lord. I did know what entranas was, I just couldnt remember the difference in the words. Anyway, I think thats pretty hilarious. Merciful guts has a pretty great ring to it, though. I have back up for that, too. I think its in Mosiah 3:15. haha I love it. Thats life when youre speaking a new language.
I love you!!!
~Hna Sue
morning is fine for Christmas...talk to you soon! Oh, I'll be calling for 5 minutes some day before to verify it all, too. xoxoxox
This is a day late because there wasn't power in our province yesterday. In Ecuador, the provinces are pretty much like states in the US. I didn't hear why, but it was actually a scheduled thing that there wouldn't be power from 8am to 4pm. We found this out at 7:30, in time to rush and find that internet places aren't open that early. Then, the power returned at 5:20, not too bad for the schedule, but also too late when we're going proselyting at 6. Anyway, thanks for writing. I'm still alive.
Mom and Dad (and Diana?..I think some of the bag design is definitely yours), thanks so much for the 12 days!! I opened up the days that have passed and am leaving some so I have some continual Christmas surprises. The food is still yummy, even if not in the fresh from home state as when it was sent almost a month ago. I'm in South America, pues! Hna Weiss also recieved a package from her family, so we sang a little happy christmas song to ourselves and started unwrapping! I now know that the packages will come straight to me if under 2kg. We're so going to incorporate some peanuts in the next batch of muddy buddies.
I get to stay for another change (at least) in Tena. :) Hna Weiss is also staying, so were happy we get another change together. Its going to be great!!!
Weve been visiting Jorge and Monica more. Though at the second appointment Jorge began by saying he wanted to return the Book of Mormon, they are continuing to study it. It helps that they like us a lot (or, as it translates from Spanish, to them we fall well-les caemos bien). I am so impressed by their desires to really learn, that they have studied the Bible for themselves and come to recognize falsehood of other churches. We invited them, as we invite everyone, to the branch activities, church, etc. The awesome part is that they showed up on Saturday morning for English and then as I was playing the opening song in sacrament meeting on Sunday, I looked up and to my amazement, there they were in the congregation!! (remember, Im with the primary for the first two hours alone and then get right in and start playing a little prelude. Mom, I understand much more how you would never have time to socialize with people. I havent really felt like throwing golf balls at people yet, because I usually am fine if theyre not listening to my mistakes Im making on the keyboard. Haha) Anyway, theyre way great and .well see if theyre really ready to make the changes and accept the gospel.
To finish up, I need to tell you about the most amazing part of the week. It happened on Sunday, after a relatively wonderful day in primary. (there were only about 10 kids, and it just went well.) We talked about prophets. Its so wonderful that we have a living prophet on the earth today!! Do you ever just sit in awe at the amazing love of God for us that we have such a guide hoy dia!? Wow. (oops, tangential string) Jenny and Gisela, two sisters, were baptized and confirmed! At the beginning of the change, they were apathetic, listening just because. They had a baptismal date set, but werent really motivated or grasping what it all meant. They didnt have that fire in their eyes. One night, we went with the elders and taught. One of the elders re-challenged them with the same date (not realizing), and they accepted again. The next lesson, Hna Weiss and I went and read from the Book of Mormon with them. We read where Nephi goes and gets the plates from Laban. Sometime around then, there was a change in these sisters. Maybe it was that they realized the Book of Mormon really is interesting and something that applies to our lives. Maybe something about the third lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ really struck their hearts. Im not sure when, but the how, there is no question. The Spirit of God changes and refines us. They developed that light in their eyes. They really talked about wanting to go forward and live the commandments of God. They read more in the scriptures and continued to pray. Even better, this Sunday, they entered the waters of baptism and were received into the Church of Jesus Christ and given the gift of the Holy Ghost to guide them in enduring to the end. The Spirit was strong as they were baptized, and they talked to us afterwards about how light and wonderful they felt. In their confirmation blessings their future growth and service to others, in their families and in the church was mentioned. Theyre so great. And they understand that they have just entered the path and need to endure to the end.
The gospel is true!! Its been restored in its fullness to never be removed from the Earth again. We really are gathering in the fruit in the vineyard, working side-by-side with the Master for the last time before His marvelous coming once again. Es la verdad!
Ecuabit: Theres a lot of volcanoes here. Haha I forgot to tell you about a month ago, but this one we pass by to go to zone conference is always smoking or showing some activity. I would tell you the name, but its something crazy I dont remember exactly right now. The point is, Ive totally seen a volcano erupting. Yeah, its pretty sweet here.
Also, I hope anyone who understands Spanish enjoyed the fact that I typed entranas misericordias last week for entranables misericordias; I didnt feel like looking it up at the time to make sure it was right. As it turns out, I talked about the merciful guts/bowels of the Lord. I did know what entranas was, I just couldnt remember the difference in the words. Anyway, I think thats pretty hilarious. Merciful guts has a pretty great ring to it, though. I have back up for that, too. I think its in Mosiah 3:15. haha I love it. Thats life when youre speaking a new language.
I love you!!!
~Hna Sue
morning is fine for Christmas...talk to you soon! Oh, I'll be calling for 5 minutes some day before to verify it all, too. xoxoxox
Hi Dad!
I picked up the package today in Quito, because we have a mission conference and Christmas party tomorrow. It only costed me $5.34, so it was pretty great. In order for me to recieve packages without having to retrieve them from the mail jail in Quito (as we call it), they just need to be 2kg or less. Oh yeah, and the people at the mail jail said in the future you should also just not put a value on the package, but mark it "sin valor", or don't mark a value. Really, it's going to be true, because packages are priceless!!
Thanks for going to the bank and talking to vicki.
~Hna Sue
-----Original Message-----
From: "RAHenrichsen"
To: Hermana Christie Sue Henrichsen and Elder John Henrichsen
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:58:46 -0500
Subject: More information
H. Sue,
I occured to me that three is a weight limitation on packages in Ecuador. What is the limit.
E. John,
What is your telephone number for the call on Christmas day?
Love, Dad
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:58:46 -0500
Subject: More information
H. Sue,
I occured to me that three is a weight limitation on packages in Ecuador. What is the limit.
E. John,
What is your telephone number for the call on Christmas day?
Love, Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment