Hey family!
Dad, that´s a pretty funny chocoholic bit. You should try making s´mores with Andes. We made some over our stove yesterday because we found REAL marshmallows!
I just had a good bit of letter written and then this computer randomly shut off before I could save it really fast. Oh well, that´s life. Well, I´m not sure what happened. I´m pretty sure that ctrl s doesn´t work as a saving code down here, though, as well as the saving procedure the store worker attempted to use before. I think really when the computer is shutting down, it´s not ready to receive save instructions, but I don´t know, it could just be a conspiracy. Hahaha
I actually did receive the first part of your email last week, no worries! This week, we´ve been a lot better health-wise, and have needed much less tummy time, as we call it, to prepare to get out to work. :p We also got to play Settlers of Zarahemla last week, as one of the puyo sisters received it for Christmas. Bien chévere. I won, don´t worry. Haha We like the temple-building addition of this edition. That´s what gave me some of those winning points. Dad, I´m not really sure if it was a duty or a tax, but I think it is just the mail jail processing fee.
Thanks so much for forwarding the letter from Josh and your card. We´ll see if I can put the check to use. Thank you, AM and family for the funtacular package of cards and letters. They made me smile a lot, and laugh. Zac, Seth, and Emma, you sure are a creative bunch. I now have the cute pictures of Seth and Emma in my agenda to show off to people. Too bad there´s no picture with all 23 of my sobrinos. I´ll let all you in the States work on arrangements for that. (you know it would be awesome .though difficult without the energizer. Don´t worry, we´ve got engineers working on that invention right now.) Thank you for reminding me that with every contact, we can make a difference, and should do so. It really was nice to focus almost completely on the real meaning of Christmas. I didn´t even miss the stress and materialism craze.
AM, a while ago you asked about how I´m using my welfare training down here. We teach, mostly. As I am with another gringa, we teach quite a bit of English now. We also teach people how to prepare and teach their church classes, how to study, and how to read or direct music. We really are here to help establish the church. We also do a lot of service, just whenever we can, as all missionaries should do. Every time we teach the word of wisdom, we also teach nutrition, especially where we see that need. Here, too, people tend to leave out real vegetables often.
Speaking of veges, good work, Mom! That´s so good that you´re getting your numbers down and not even having to use insulin! As Dad would say, Way to go! I´ll just send you a bunch of stars (well, they´re really hypothetical ) for your efforts.
We finally were able to teach a parent of some girls we´ve been teaching!! The girls have had a couple baptismal dates set, and one has come to church, but we really are focusing on families. If people have the family support, they´re able to receive more of the blessings of the gospel, as well as support and help each other in the gospel. It was so great just to be able to teach the dad and, even better, he wants us to come back and teach them all. If he really is interested, the mom will hopefully for real make time to listen (or just keep appointments) and we can see them all grow and accept the gospel truth together. Qué bonito. It´s the truth, and it blesses families here and forever after, if they use it.
Ecuabit: This one´s good. For new year´s down here, people make big dolls. They´re usually life-size, sometimes bigger. They use old clothing and stuff them with paper, straw, whatever. I guess they´re pretty much like scare-crows, but they use these masks (like for Halloween) as the faces. At the stores, the dolls are saying things, specifically mentioning the names of the debtors at the store. Then, at midnight, people burn them in the street. They´re actually called old years, o sea, año viejos. They also celebrate here with small fireworks and drinking in the states, so I bet some people have burned fingers and really bad headaches. (haha do you remember that lady on the plane a year ago, John? Shh, honey, lots of people have headaches today. )
Love you all!!
Hna Christie Sue Henrichsen
Dad, that´s a pretty funny chocoholic bit. You should try making s´mores with Andes. We made some over our stove yesterday because we found REAL marshmallows!
I just had a good bit of letter written and then this computer randomly shut off before I could save it really fast. Oh well, that´s life. Well, I´m not sure what happened. I´m pretty sure that ctrl s doesn´t work as a saving code down here, though, as well as the saving procedure the store worker attempted to use before. I think really when the computer is shutting down, it´s not ready to receive save instructions, but I don´t know, it could just be a conspiracy. Hahaha
I actually did receive the first part of your email last week, no worries! This week, we´ve been a lot better health-wise, and have needed much less tummy time, as we call it, to prepare to get out to work. :p We also got to play Settlers of Zarahemla last week, as one of the puyo sisters received it for Christmas. Bien chévere. I won, don´t worry. Haha We like the temple-building addition of this edition. That´s what gave me some of those winning points. Dad, I´m not really sure if it was a duty or a tax, but I think it is just the mail jail processing fee.
Thanks so much for forwarding the letter from Josh and your card. We´ll see if I can put the check to use. Thank you, AM and family for the funtacular package of cards and letters. They made me smile a lot, and laugh. Zac, Seth, and Emma, you sure are a creative bunch. I now have the cute pictures of Seth and Emma in my agenda to show off to people. Too bad there´s no picture with all 23 of my sobrinos. I´ll let all you in the States work on arrangements for that. (you know it would be awesome .though difficult without the energizer. Don´t worry, we´ve got engineers working on that invention right now.) Thank you for reminding me that with every contact, we can make a difference, and should do so. It really was nice to focus almost completely on the real meaning of Christmas. I didn´t even miss the stress and materialism craze.
AM, a while ago you asked about how I´m using my welfare training down here. We teach, mostly. As I am with another gringa, we teach quite a bit of English now. We also teach people how to prepare and teach their church classes, how to study, and how to read or direct music. We really are here to help establish the church. We also do a lot of service, just whenever we can, as all missionaries should do. Every time we teach the word of wisdom, we also teach nutrition, especially where we see that need. Here, too, people tend to leave out real vegetables often.
Speaking of veges, good work, Mom! That´s so good that you´re getting your numbers down and not even having to use insulin! As Dad would say, Way to go! I´ll just send you a bunch of stars (well, they´re really hypothetical ) for your efforts.
We finally were able to teach a parent of some girls we´ve been teaching!! The girls have had a couple baptismal dates set, and one has come to church, but we really are focusing on families. If people have the family support, they´re able to receive more of the blessings of the gospel, as well as support and help each other in the gospel. It was so great just to be able to teach the dad and, even better, he wants us to come back and teach them all. If he really is interested, the mom will hopefully for real make time to listen (or just keep appointments) and we can see them all grow and accept the gospel truth together. Qué bonito. It´s the truth, and it blesses families here and forever after, if they use it.
Ecuabit: This one´s good. For new year´s down here, people make big dolls. They´re usually life-size, sometimes bigger. They use old clothing and stuff them with paper, straw, whatever. I guess they´re pretty much like scare-crows, but they use these masks (like for Halloween) as the faces. At the stores, the dolls are saying things, specifically mentioning the names of the debtors at the store. Then, at midnight, people burn them in the street. They´re actually called old years, o sea, año viejos. They also celebrate here with small fireworks and drinking in the states, so I bet some people have burned fingers and really bad headaches. (haha do you remember that lady on the plane a year ago, John? Shh, honey, lots of people have headaches today. )
Love you all!!
Hna Christie Sue Henrichsen
No comments:
Post a Comment